Filled: Housekeeper / Nanny
Updated: Oct 8, 2021
Location: Rancho Santa Fe, CA. USA
Type: Full Time
Days: 3 weekdays + weekends Min. Experience: 5+ Years
Salary: Starting at $30/h, increase is based on experience.
Employment: W2 + benefits
Approx. Start Date: ASAP
Accommodation: live-in / live-out.
Handgraaf Estates is a privately held luxury company based in La Jolla, CA. that provides the highest level of Private Staffing and Estate Management. We tailor our service to the exact needs of every client and strive for nothing less but the highest level of service.
PLEASE SEND CV & REFERENCES TO
Lovely family of 3 in Rancho Santa Fe is looking for a flexible Housekeeper / Nanny for their 15k sq. ft. home. During the week the position entails 3 days of housekeeping (together with current housekeeper) while on the weekends it turns into a Nanny position to the 9-year old daughter. The ideal candidate has worked in high-end properties before, works well in a team and has experience working with children.
OTHER STAFF ON PROPERTY
Housekeeper (weekdays), Nanny (weekdays), Chef, Estate Manager.
● Experience in cleaning luxury homes.
● Able to transport children to and from play dates, outings, classes, etc.
● Can show flexibility and go the extra mile when needed to get the job done.
● Has deep knowledge and experience in the care of fine finishing’s, special. surfaces and how to work around high-end artwork and antiques.
● Understands clearly which cleaning products work and which ones are not appropriate.
● Ensure children’s timetable is adequate and allows for the day to run smoothly.
● Can communicate with vendors and oversee organizational and deep cleaning projects.
● Must have experience with steaming, ironing and caring of luxury fine linens and delicate fabrics.
● Able to respond to requests timely and follow through until completed.
● Can graciously accept feedback and apply lessons learned.
● Physical stamina and mobility including ability to reach, kneel, squat, crouch, bend and crawl.
● Ability to lift, push and pull required load (approximately 30 lbs).
● Able to stand for long periods of time.
● Able to work in both large and confined spaces.
● Coordination and oversight of housekeeping staff & schedules. Work closely with Estate Manager.
● Actively observes and reports anything requiring immediate attention.
● Seek to find solutions independently first.
● Research and recommend the best options for cleaning and minor repairs and seeks approval before taking action.
● Ensure all cleaning equipment & housekeeping tools are maintained and in good working order and are being properly cared for.
● Update, track and schedule maintenance for any cleaning related services or equipment when needed.
● Ensure all housekeeping products are consistently up to par; savvy and cost-conscious: ordering bulk when possible.
● Inspection of all linens and towels regularly making notes and reporting when items need to be replaced or are damaged.
● Ensure all housekeeping storage areas are clean and organized and shelves are clearly labelled.
● Inspect cleanliness of residences from top to bottom; inspecting all. furniture, carpets, upholstery, floors, blinds, windows, curtains, etc. and report any damage or concerns/issues to the Estate Manager.
● Check the consistency of all rooms and ensuring all items are in the appropriate places and standards are met.
● Clean furniture and fixtures as directed while using only approved products.
● Organize personal items and closets as directed.
● Perform and manage laundry needs.
● Sort and wash laundry using machines or by hand as required.
● Iron, fold and distribute clean laundry.
● Assist as needed with changing and making the bedding, adhere to time schedule.
● Gather, empty and clean trash bins daily.
● Dusting furniture, walls, machinery, and equipment.
● Carry linens, towels, bathroom items and cleaning supplies from room to room.
● Maintain a professional appearance.
● Ensure assigned areas are clean and sanitized.
● Wash, dust, polish, vacuum, and sweep assigned areas.
● Clean sinks, tubs, showers and toilets according to prescribed sanitary standards.
● Polish fittings and fixtures, clean mirrors and windows.
● Listen well, take notes and respond timely to requests.
● Must be COVID vaccinated.
● Must be Fluent in English with exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
● Minimum of 5 years of related professional experience working in a high-level private home in a similar role or capacity.
● Excellent verbal references required from both current and previous employers.
● Valid Driver’s License; confident and responsible driver.
● Must agree to and pass a thorough background and reference check.
● Must be legally able to work in the United States.
OUR CORE VALUES
● Principal’s First
Ability to stay focused on meeting and exceeding the Principals needs
● Learn from mistakes
Able to admit mistakes upfront and seeks the truth. Learns and grows from mistakes. Makes thoughtful choices and provides solutions to avoid future mistakes.
Finishes duties mindfully, effectively and promptly.
Shows a deep commitment to the role and people.
Takes ownership of tasks and time for due diligence.
Thinks, acts and finds solutions independently.
Does not complain or shy away from assigned work. Confronts difficulties with a positive outlook.