Updated: Apr 6
Location: Miami, FL. / Los Angeles, CA.
Salary: $30 - $40/h, D.O.E.
Start Date: ASAP
Min. Experience: 3+ years of Nanny experience in private households.
Hours: Full time salaried. (May be required to wake up in the middle night to tend to baby needs)
Family dynamic: Family of three. Mom, Dad, and five month year old.
Accommodation: Live in. The nanny will have their own room on the main house. The family’s second residence in Los Angeles also has the same dynamics.
Requirements: Must speak English and a have a valid driver license.
Handgraaf Estates is a privately held luxury company based in La Jolla, CA. that provides the highest level of Private Staffing and Estate Management. We tailor our service to the exact needs of every client and strive for nothing less but the highest level of service.
PLEASE SEND CV & REFERENCES TO
A lovely family of 3 in Miami FL. is looking for a full time live-in nanny to come and help with taking care of their 5 month yr old.
The ideal candidate has 3+ years of experience being a nanny, has cared for children of this age before (under 2).
Family frequently travels between Miami, FL and Los Angeles, CA. meaning the candidate must be comfortable travelling with them.
The Nanny will not act as a sitter, but rather a mentor, educator, entertainer and playmate. It is important that the candidate takes initiative, has a lot of patience and energy.
• Experienced working with school-aged children.
• Light housekeeping
• Experienced with administrative duties including scheduling.
• Willing to work collaboratively with parents and assist with developmental milestones.
• Carefully research and propose age appropriate local activities and resources, register attendance, and accompany to activities.
• Able to transport children to and from play dates, outings, classes, etc.
• Knowledgeable about child development (e.g., firm when needed, but also capable of being laid back and fun).
• Good organizational skills to maintain closet systems, and toiletries.
• Develop and implement a sanitation schedule of toys, surfaces, handles, etc.
• Guide children on etiquette and manners.
• Experienced in play-based learning and creating educational activities, lesson planning.
• Engage activities at home, scheduled outings, etc.
• Develop children’s independence; help them be self-motivated.
• Ensure children’s timetable is adequate and allows for the day to run smoothly.
• Able to prepare fresh and healthy snacks.
• Must be able to build a positive rapport with children.
• Intuitive to the needs of the children.
• Highly organized, detailed oriented, proactive, excellent time management skills, and service minded.
• Experienced with administrative and personal assistant duties a plus.
• Attentive to Principals' preferences and style. Can take direction and accept feedback.
• Active, healthy and non-smoker.
• Well groomed and professional.
• Long-term intent.
• Reliable and punctual.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to multitask.
• Creative, energetic, positive, happy and compassionate.
• Calm under pressure.
• Resourceful and takes initiative to follow through and complete tasks timely. Willing to assist with the day-to-day functioning of a busy family and household.
OUR CORE VALUES
● Principal’s First
Ability to stay focused on meeting and exceeding the Principals needs
● Learn from mistakes
Able to admit mistakes upfront and seeks the truth. Learns and grows from mistakes. Makes thoughtful choices and provides solutions to avoid future mistakes.
Finishes duties mindfully, effectively and promptly.
Shows a deep commitment to the role and people.
Takes ownership of tasks and time for due diligence.
Thinks, acts and finds solutions independently.
Does not complain or shy away from assigned work. Confronts difficulties with a positive outlook.