Updated: Aug 17, 2021
Location: Rancho Santa Fe, CA. USA
Type: Full Time, Mon - Fri
Hours: Preferably from 7 am - 3 pm
Salary: Based on experience, Starting at $ 20 per hour.
Min. Experience: 5+ Years in luxurious properties
Approx. Start Date: ASAP
Employment: W2 or Independent contractor
Accommodation: Live out
Requirement: Must be local to the RSF / San Diego area.
Handgraaf Estates is a privately held luxury company in La Jolla, San Diego that provides the highest level of Private Staffing and Estate Management. We tailor our service to the exact needs of every client and strive for nothing less but the highest level of service.
PLEASE SEND CV & REFERENCES TO:
Family living in of a 6.000 Sq ft. property is looking for an experienced, service-minded and hands-on Housekeeper. The ideal candidate is professional, formal, discreet and very thorough in her work. The candidate is a collaborator and can take direction and feedback from the principals while consistently maintaining the highest level of service. Must be able to adhere to policies and procedures. Previous housekeeping experience in luxury homes is required, as well as being local to the San Diego area.
● Extensive experience in cleaning luxury homes
● Can show flexibility and go the extra mile when needed to get the job done
● Has deep knowledge and experience in the care of fine finishing’s, special surfaces and how to work around high-end artwork and antiques
● Understands clearly which products work and which ones are not appropriate
● Can independently make recommendations based on research and due diligence for the best products and understands the application of those products
● Has a strong sense of organization and understands deep cleaning projects
● Must have experience with steaming, ironing and caring of luxury fine linens and delicate fabrics
● Able to respond to requests timely and follow through until completed
● Can graciously accept feedback and apply lessons learned
● Physical stamina and mobility including ability to reach, kneel, squat, crouch, bend and crawl
● Ability to lift, push and pull required load (approximately 30 lbs.)
● Able to stand for long periods of time
● Able to work in both large and confined spaces
● Create daily, weekly, and monthly housekeeping checklists and ensures that each task is completed and expectations are met
● Actively observes and reports anything that requires immediate attention
● Seek to find solutions independently first
● Research and recommend the best options for cleaning and minor repairs and seeks approval before taking action
● Ensure all cleaning equipment & housekeeping tools are maintained and in good working order and are being properly cared for
● Update, track and schedule maintenance for any cleaning related services or equipment when needed
● Ensure all housekeeping products are consistently up to par; savvy and cost-conscious: ordering bulk when possible
● Inspection of all linens and towels regularly making notes and reporting when items need to be replaced or are damaged
● Ensure all housekeeping storage areas are clean and organized and shelves are clearly labelled
● Inspect cleanliness of residences from top to bottom; inspecting all furniture, carpets, upholstery, floors, blinds, windows, curtains, etc. and report any damage or concerns/issues to the principals
● Check the consistency of all rooms and ensuring all items are in the appropriate places and standards are met
● Clean furniture and fixtures as directed while using only approved products
● Organize personal items and closets as directed
● Perform and manage laundry needs
● Sort and wash laundry using machines or by hand as required
● Iron, fold and distribute clean laundry
● Assist as needed with changing and making the bedding, adhere to time schedule
● Gather, empty and clean trash bins daily
● Dusting furniture, walls, machinery, and equipment
● Carry linens, towels, bathroom items and cleaning supplies from room to room
● Maintain a professional appearance
● Ensure assigned areas are clean and sanitized
● Wash, dust, polish, vacuum, and sweep assigned areas
● Clean sinks, tubs, showers and toilets according to prescribed sanitary standards
● Polish fittings and fixtures, clean mirrors and windows
● Listen well, take notes and respond timely to requests
● Must be Fluent in English with exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
● Minimum of 5+ years of related professional experience working in high-level luxury private homes in a similar role or capacity
● Excellent verbal references required from both current and previous employers
● Valid Driver’s License; confident and responsible driver
● Must agree to and pass a thorough background and reference check
● Must be legally able to work in the United States
● Must live locally to the San Diego area
OUR CORE VALUES:
● Principal’s First
Ability to stay focused on meeting and exceeding the principals needs
● Learn from mistakes
Able to admit mistakes upfront and seeks the truth. Learns and grows from mistakes. Makes thoughtful choices and provides solutions to avoid future mistakes.
Finishes duties mindfully, effectively and promptly.
Shows a deep commitment to the role and people.
Takes ownership of tasks and time for due diligence.
Thinks, acts and finds solutions independently.
Does not complain or shy away from assigned work. Confronts difficulties with a positive outlook.