Updated: Jul 25, 2021
Private Chef Type: Full Time. Location: Beverly Hills, LA, California, USA
Salary: $180,000 - $200,000 + Benefits Experience: 15+ years Start Date: ASAP Workdays: Lunch and Dinner Mon-Fri. Frequent weekends as well.
ABOUT US Handgraaf Estates is a privately held luxury company in San Diego that provides the highest level of Private Staffing and Estate Management. We tailor our service to the exact needs of every client and strive for nothing but the highest level of service.
ROLES AND LOCATION Role: Private Chef Type: Full-Time Salary: $180,000-$200,000 + benefits to be discussed
Employment: Permanent contract, Live In or Out
Relocation: Help with relocation can be available for the right candidate. SUMMARY Private Chef position for Ultra high profile Principals in Beverly Hills, LA, USA. Main workdays are Monday - Friday and frequent weekends. Candidate will be responsible for the culinary services for the Principals and knows how to cook a large variety of cuisines perfectly, with an emphasis on Asian cuisine and Sushi. The candidate must have extensive experience with cooking Michelin standard Asian cuisine. We are looking to fill this position with a world-class Michelin quality Chef. Experience working in Asian MICHELIN-Star Restaurants is preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send relevant documents to: info@HandgraafEstates.com Only candidates already eligible to work in USA will be considered!
ESSENTIAL SKILLS ▪ Set the tone for a creative and inspired kitchen. ▪ Able to perfectly cook a large variation of cuisines with an emphasis on Asian cuisine and Sushi.
▪ Understand, manage, and execute all aspects of food cost, budgeting, sourcing, menu development, and preparation. ▪ Create weekly fresh and healthy dinner menus using only the highest quality seasonal ingredients. ▪ It is a mixture of responsibilities ranging from management as well as using creativity to create an amazing culinary experience for the family. ▪ Presentation is an important component of the meal and should be of world-class quality. ▪ Maintain relationships with local and regional food purveyors. ▪ Produce and maintain the highest food quality and operating procedures, ▪ Assure the highest health, hygiene, sanitation, safety, and food storage standards. ▪ Shop, order, and acquire food, supplies, and any necessary equipment for the kitchen. ▪ Excellent communication positive attitude, accept direction and deliver the highest standards to meet the Principal's mealtime needs. ▪ Able to work well with the Estate Manager and rest of staff. Low ego and be open to all feedback and improvements. Comply with all office technological and operational requirements. ▪ Ability to remain in a stationary position for up to 3 hours at awareness ▪ Ability to move about the workplace efficiently with care and consideration to noise and spatial awareness. ▪ Ability to distinguish, with a degree of accuracy, the differences or similarities in intensity and quality of flavours or aromas. ▪ Responsible for all shopping, restocking, and inventory management. ▪ Maintain and monitor all kitchen wares and equipment. ▪ Has a diverse experience with a variety of food styles.
▪ A passion to produce consistently the highest level of personal professional service. ▪ Able to cook for both large and small groups of guests. ▪ Genuine communication style that is respectful, effective, formal, and sincere. ▪ Takes ownership, shows commitment, is responsible and can provide solutions.
▪ Reliable, on time and able to meet deadlines. ▪ Results-oriented, able to meet and exceed goals expectations.
▪ Minimum of 15+ years Chef experience & a Culinary Degree from a 4-year accredited college.
▪ Knowledge of California sanitation regulations, ▪ Ability to demonstrate quick thinking and adaptability in a constantly changing environment. ▪ Ability to grab, reach, push, pull, bend, stoop, kneel and crouch in order to retrieve and/or replenish merchandise and/or cooking equipment. ▪ Ability to use hands to seize, hold, grasp, turn, or otherwise, in order to chop, whisk, slice, stir, juice and/or other techniques. ▪ Ability to lift and/or move kitchen equipment weighing up to 40 lbs. ▪ Working with an open flame and/or other heating units, and exposure to variation in kitchen temperatures. ▪ Driver's license with a clean driving record. ▪ Must pass extensive background, credit and reference checks.
OUR CORE VALUES ▪ Principal's First Ability to stay focused on meeting and exceeding the Principal’s needs . ▪ Learns from mistakes. Able to admit mistakes upfront and seeks the truth, whilst learning from them and growing. Makes thoughtful choices and provides solutions to avoid future mistakes. ▪ Conscientious Finishes duties mindfully, effectively and promptly. ▪ Dedication Shows a deep commitment to the role and people. ▪ Accountable Takes ownership of tasks and time for due diligence. ▪ Independent Thinks acts, and finds solutions independently. ▪ Resilience
Does not complain or any away from assigned work. Confronts difficulties head on, with a positive attitude and outlook.