Updated: Oct 8, 2021
Estate Manager / Butler
Location: Rancho Santa Fe, CA
Type: Full-Time Min. Experience: 7+ years
Approx. Start Date: June 2021
Rancho Santa Fe, California, USA
Handgraaf Estates is a privately held luxury company in San Diego that provides the highest level of Private Staffing and Estate Management. We tailor our service to the exact needs of every client and strive for nothing less but the highest level of service.
ROLES AND LOCATION:
Role: Estate Manager / Butler Type: Full-Time Salary: Negotiable, based on Experience Employment: Independent contractor Live in or Live Out – Rancho Santa Fe, CA SUMMARY:
Formal, polished estate manager who will take full responsibility of the entire 6 acre estate. The ideal candidate understands the concepts: being anticipatory, friendly not familiar, discreet, invisible yet available and is able to always pay great attention to detail. Strong team leadership skills required as well as a hands-on mentality.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send all relevant documents to: info@HandgraafEstates.com
- Complete oversight of principal’s home; maintaining consistency of standards, procedures, and services.
- Able to assist the principle in setting up the estate.
- Create, maintain, and update household manuals.
- Lead and work with the entire staff; gardeners, private chef, housekeepers etc.
- Understands social etiquette and formal service.
- Assists with planning / organizing parties and events in the home.
- Assist with household and family security measures.
- Greet guests and provide formal (but comfortable) service during visits.
- Contact, screen, propose and oversee vendors. Compare multiple bids, track budget.
- Negotiate and manage contracts, supervise work, and review invoices.
- Supervise and coordinate onsite activities and provides day-to-day direction of onsite staff.
- Prepare realistic plans to address needs and conduct regular walkthroughs and daily checklist.
- Experience with handling and caring for fine art, fine furniture, and collectibles.
- Experience with handling and caring for fine china, silver, linen, crystal and brass.
- Knowledgeable about wines and spirits while overseeing the wine cellar and liqueur inventory.
- Work with, schedule, supervise and upkeep of maintenance schedules for household vendors: HVAC, electrician, plumbing, generator, well systems, etc.
- Verify estimates based on detailed reviews of proposal specifications.
- Knowledgeable working with complex household systems: “smart home” systems, Vantage, HVAC, etc.
- Demonstrate high-end design sensibilities and appreciation of aesthetic quality.
- Daily walk through of property (interior and exterior), ensuring principals aesthetics.
- Review and train staff (concierge-style attitude and discretion are key).
- Set the service standard and the hiring, training and ongoing management of staff required to meet the service needs of the family and property.
- Act as a point of contact and gatekeeper for principals – providing updates on household activity, scheduled maintenance, and current state of staff.
- Order and maintain personal stock for principals: toiletries, clothes, travel supplies, etc.
- Order and maintain household supply inventories: cleaning supplies, beverages, and snacks, etc.
- Organize, package, ship and receive deliveries and packages for household and principals.
- Manage petty cash: maintain and submit records and receipts.
- Review and submit vendor invoices for processing.
- Oversee all events and dinner parties, orchestrating staff accordingly.
- Possess a hands-on attitude – providing service when staff or vendors cannot.
- Performs light housekeeping duties.
- Conducts automotive care and maintenance.
- Organize luggage of family members and guests for trips, ensuring principals travel needs are met.
- Handle any special requests, duties, or errands.
● Minimum of 7+ years of relevant experience working in private homes 15,000 sq. ft or larger.
● Extensive experience in formal service.
● Superior project management skills. ● Excellent leadership and team management skills.
● Outstanding references from both current and previous employers. References will be verified.
● Superb command of the English language, both written and oral, is required.
● Understands that the highest levels of confidentiality and discretion are required.
● General understanding of household mechanical systems, appliances, technology, and routine maintenance practices of these systems.
● Possesses superior process and time management skills.
● Must be a self-starter.
● Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
● Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
● Legal to work in the United States.
● Able to pass an extensive background check, including criminal, credit checks and open- source intelligence gathering.
OUR CORE VALUES:
● Principal’s First
Ability to stay focused on meeting and exceeding the Principals needs
● Learn from mistakes
Able to admit mistakes upfront and seeks the truth. Learns and grows from mistakes. Makes thoughtful choices and provides solutions to avoid future mistakes.
Finishes duties mindfully, effectively, and promptly.
Shows a deep commitment to the role and people.
Takes ownership of tasks and time for due diligence.
Thinks, acts, and finds solutions independently.
Does not complain or shy away from assigned work. Confronts difficulties with a positive outlook.